Job Posting – Wireless Internet, Executive Director
The Peace Region Internet Society (PRiS) requires an Executive Director to lead our team. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will be a reliable and experienced individual with a proven ability to build high performing teams, an inspirational motivator with a history of working within dynamic groups and a passion to achieve results!
Who We Are
PRiS has been providing rural internet services throughout Northern BC’s Peace Region for 23 years. Based in Dawson Creek, we are a registered not-for-profit society with almost 2000 members. We use a combination of fixed wireless, ADSL and fibre solutions to provide our members with reliable and affordable internet services.
The society operates under a constitution, with bylaws, and is accountable through an elected board of directors. All revenue generated by PRIS is used to further the goals of the Society. Unlike many larger companies, we have not forgotten that our community is primarily rural, and we are striving to ensure that broadband access is available to all.
• Hire, train, motivate, mentor, manage and evaluate all staff.
• Develop, implement and measure various business strategies.
• Develop, plan and manage simultaneous projects related to networking and Internet connectivity.
• Maintain current knowledge of the rural internet market, seeking out opportunities while analyzing organizational strengths and weaknesses.
• Manage vendor relationships and agreements.
• Report quarterly to the Board of Directors on organizational milestones and financial status.
• Attend industry conferences and various community events.
• Research funding opportunities and tools to further organizational goals
• Ensure accurate administration of private and government grants.
• With the assistance of the Technical Administrator, maintain and manage a large wireless network.
• Work with industry partners to create and submit regulatory documentation to the CRTC and Industry Canada.
• Ensure organization is adhering to industry related laws, regulations and policies.
• Assist with accounting related responsibilities and the annual financial audit.
Technical Skill Requirements
• 2-year Technical diploma or a minimum 5 years of equivalent technical experience.
• 2-year Business diploma or a minimum 5 years of equivalent business management experience.
• 1 year of industry related work experience.
• Intermediate understanding of wireless technologies.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Linux and Unix networks.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Visio and related applications.
• Ability to create technical documents and diagrams.
• A valid class 5 Drivers license.
Preference will be given to applicants with previous Strategic Planning experience in a Technological or Not for Profit environment.
Peace Region Internet Society offers:
• A competitive hourly rate of $28.00 to $35.00, based on experience, to be reviewed after an initial 90-day probationary period.
• Opportunity to have hourly rate fully reviewed after 1 year of milestone achievement.
• A comprehensive holiday, sick, bereavement, medical, dental, vision, disability, health & wellness and extended benefits package.
• This position offers 40 hours per week and periodic travel may be required.
Interested applicants may forward a resumé and letter of introduction describing why you are the preferred candidate to: email@example.com